Definition of Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a collection of cloud Infrastructure solution and services provided by Amazon Corporation. It is a pool of infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offering that provides scalable and on demand computing, database, storage and bandwidth resources.
Brief Description of Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web services primarily provide a bundle of essential cloud infrastructure resources hosted on the same Infrastructure as of their Amazon e-commerce store and other online properties. These services are used by organization globally to host their cloud infrastructure and deliver web scalable application and services.
AWS provides many different services under its portfolio including;
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Amazon Cloud Front
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- Amazon Simple DB
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud. (Amazon VPC)