Unified Computing System (UCS) is an all in one data center solution providing, computing, storage, and networking through a single turnkey solution. UCS is designed to reduce hardware, network and storage infrastructure resources through consolidation and virtualization along with streamlining and centralizing management of the entire infrastructure in data centers.
Brief Description of Unified Computing System
A unified computing system primarily helps a business in;
- Reducing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and IT Infrastructure maintenance costs.
- Eliminate inter connectivity and integration issues between multiple vendors
- Simplifying management through a central management dashboard and vendor contract.
Typically, a Unified Computing Solution consists of;
- Hardware ( Servers, Storage, Backup)
- Networking ( Routers, Switches, Bandwidth, Fabric Connectors)
- Software( OS, Applications, Management)
- Services ( Monitoring, Maintenance, Security)